Tuesday, February 21, 2012

too posts in one day?? toosweets pattern review: best bubble dress

There is nothing more refreshing, more invigorating, mentally satisfying than a nice hot shower -- and finding sewing patterns that I actually get. Thanks to too sweets patterns I have several patterns that I can churn out in under an hour and that Refi will actually wear!

The best bubble dress was a fantastic pattern that I couldn't wait to finish. There is ironing of FOUR hems, but no biggie because they are small -- and they don't have to be perfect. The elastic makes everything all scrunchie and adorable, so there's room to be uneven (thank you heavens because I can't iron for squat).


A happy face? Yup! She preferred to pull the "bubble" bottom down like a dress. Occurred to me with a little tweak, this could be simple and easy peasant dress...
 
 
Here's the bubble top. We went shopping for the fabric together, and of course pink is top of the list. I originally cut sleeves to match, but I cut them upside down. (Note to self: read more tutorials on cutting pattern fabric)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment