Saturday, February 18, 2012

sweet saturday

I love the weekend. No alarm clocking chirping at my ear. No rushing through cereal, backpack packing, lunch preparing...My kids are old enough now that they wake up, head to the living room and switch on cartoons. My son gets down the cereal and pours very large bowls for himself and his sister. Coffee maker doesn't even see the light of day until at least 9 am. Yes, this is the life of parents of kids who don't need a diaper change, bottle, a high chair, baby food...

Saturdays. I love them. And today, the blue sky is trying to shine through California fog, tiny pink buds are sprouting on barren trees, small green sprouts are poking out through blackened mulch and as you drive though my small suburban nabe, the roads are starting to pop with itty bitty punches of color. Saturdays in Spring. 

That's what has inspired my new flower in my etsy store. I can't take all the credit, the pattern originated from one of my favorite shops, Violette Field Threads. The Nadine Flower Pattern makes you think of spring from start to finish. I chose a hot pink satin for the peony and pearl and crystal center (all hand sewn). Hope you like it :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment