Wednesday, February 1, 2012

upcycled dress: pattern by lilygiggle

I have not sat at my sewing machine in at least 2 weeks. Saturday  morning I'd about had it -- I pretended not to hear my 2 children begging for snacks, TV, finger paints, dolls and for some odd reason, a long piece of string. My husband went on duty and I SEWED all day -- right up until we had to get ready to head to a birthday party dinner. 

And what came out of my day? The Poppy Bubble Tank/Tunic from lilygiggle. This is a PERFECT pattern for a starter sewer -- and the best part is that you can make this out of old tee's, sheets or any jersey/knit fabric you have laying around. I used some tee's my husband was cleaning out (hence, the portland republic of beer bubble bottom).

My little girlie nuggets has been resistant in wearing just about anything I make her - -but this tunic stole her heart and she wants it in several colors (and asked for some flowers, bows and other items to spice it up). 

So here are a few little photos of the finished item...I want one for myself :)


No comments:

Post a Comment