Saturday, December 10, 2011

i gots me a serger

I must be the luckiest girl in the world -- and I  have the best husband too. Today, I got my Hanukkah present. I think my  most favorite present ever in the history of receiving present. A Viking 200S serger. It's so cute. To top it off, I've had the past hour alone at home, going through all my patterns, scouring the internet for tutorials on fun things and I settled on an easy project: an infinity scarf, but done right. Serge the edges, braid it and finish the ends.

But my luck? My pre-threaded 3-stitch serger was NOT threaded correctly :( On my first practice stitch the needle snapped right in half. How can I explain the feeling that coursed through my body right at that moment? Picture this: You've been psyching yourself out for the best night ever. Your hair is perfect, your dress is so sparkly and awesome, eyeliner impeccable and then your babysitter never shows. That's the best way I could put it.

Now I have to wait until tomorrow (or whenever I have the time!!) to go back to Joann's and get some help on threading the serger. I opened the manual to do it alone, and..um...well, I'm gonna need some help.

No comments:

Post a Comment