Monday, February 6, 2012

superbowl sunday: giants tee refashion

Go GIANTS! Total excitement in the house all day yesterday -- and then ending with a win? Just a terrific Superbowl Sunday. 

But let's start with the morning. My precious nugget was sad that mommy, daddy and brother all had Giants shirts. The only Giant thing I had for her was a hand-me-down from her big brother. Knowing my fashionista, she was going to mope about how big it was, long-sleeves and that it wasn't, of course, pink. I offered to spruce this little number up for her:

First, I tried making a satin belt, with elastic, so it would ruche up:
 What I discovered?? That I hate trying to "wing" anything that involves sewing satin -- oh, and that I detest sewing with satin. So this little project got tossed. 

In the end, I cut up an old white tee, sewed a strip of elastic to the back, causing a sweet ruffling effect. I added a singed red satin peony for a more girly look and there you have it, a little belt for a little girl. I cut the sleeves off the Giants shirt, sewed a strip of elastic underneath the sleeve end...and after 2 hours of winging it, I got this:
She got all the attention she loves when she walked through the door! And she boasted how the shirt used to be her brother's, and that her mom made it this way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment