Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Back in the saddle...

I took a mental break from crafting. Every time I sat at my table with some scraps and tried to "create" something, all that came out was a wad of blah. I also had zero inspiration coming my way. But a weekend away in Healdsburg, then a week of laying low and playing with the kids, gave me a few new ideas and the balls to take on some new assignments. I put the pony o's, barrettes and glue gun away and brought out the sewing machine, a few sheets of felt (and I really should buy the better stuff!) and bought a couple of cheap shirts at H&M, in hopes of reinventing my staple uniform.

And what came out of these new desires to create? A felt crown!! The stitching is awful and I left out a few steps, but it was a learning lesson and my daughter doesn't know the difference. She's been wearing this pink crown all morning -- and I couldn't be happier.

Next up? Actually making a dress for her from a real pattern...

No interfacing on this one, so a bit floppy -- but getting there! And this one is adjustable.

This one is stiff and holds great shape -- elastic back.

No comments:

Post a Comment