Friday, April 22, 2011

Just. Can't. Do. It.

All day I have visions of ribbons and clippies bouncing around in my head. Every time I see a little girl with a headband on, and I realize "that's something I can do!" I get a little twinge in my belly -- like I missed out on an opportunity to get my brand out there. Do I jump out of the car while waiting in the carpool lane to hand the little girl my card -- "Give this to your momma!" -- and scare the sh*t out of her? When walking around town and I see a momma with her little princess, decked out in a giant bow, hand her my card and say "I have what you need lady, support handmade stuff"...

I have yet to take that giant leap toward marketing. I know how to do it, hell, that was sort of my job before SAHM stuff took over. But something holds me back, maybe I've been out of the game too long. I'm not shy. Not at all. But when it comes to self promotion (acknowledging it's my birthday to friends, announcing something self related) I have a really hard time. I don't want the disappointment in hoping for praise and getting none. Silly right? But it's what I deal with.

So my goal this summer? Get My Little Nuggets out there. Get a real website. Print real business cards. Have a cute display for whenever I need to display my stuff. Somehow this will all work out in the end. I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment