Friday, April 29, 2011

It's FRIDAY!

Friday...the day I look forward to every Monday morning. Finally here. But Friday doesn't really mean much these days, just the launch of a weekend filled with birthday parties, baseball games and cleaning the house (yuck). For the lucky few there's a night out with friends, some amazing wine or beer, excellent food and if you're really blessed in the hip-parent genre, some dancing in a club where you sweat on the 'flo and share the potty with the boys.

Yeah, some weekends are like that for me, but they are far and few between. I feel like a 5-year-old at a cotton candy stand when I find out I'm going out -- not just for a movie and dinner, but a real night out. For some time now I've been happy getting out and having some breathing room. These days, I'm hungry for something more, a night of debauchery that includes a shot of something strong, a cocktail or 2 (not beer or wine) and dancing in the midst of strangers, shaking my tush and tossing my hair. I haven't done those things since my 20s, in NYC.

And what's wrong with wanting something more once in a while? Something racy, something spicy, something that reignites that loose, sexy and frivolous girl I once was? I hope you all have that moment to let go and have some fun beyond the big screen and pizza...

No comments:

Post a Comment