Saturday, February 11, 2012

absolute cuteness -- chic chic dress by toosweets

I cut this pattern out days ago, but haven't been able to get around to it. Not sure why...oh yea, maybe because I've been working on my resume (job? me?? YES), volunteering for my son's elementary school and catering to my husband, who's feeling a bit blue these days. 

But I decided to carve out time for ME and sewed this cutie up. It's one of my favorite patterns -- the chic chic dress from too sweets patterns. This is my second go -- first version was out of a hot pink knit jersey, and it had sublime drape and flow, something my little nuggets just loves. 

My only adjustment to this dress was not hemming the bottom -- I'd had enough ironing for one day. I used my serger and did a rolled hem, which I think I'm becoming quite a fan of. Rolled hem vs ironing out 1/4 after 1/4 (and so on) hems, no brainer for this lady. 


No comments:

Post a Comment